HubPages is a site that offers a freelance writer a chance to create a blog or weblog for free. On the site, you can earn money through their revenue sharing program or any affiliate accounts you have. Furthermore, you can join Google AdSense and ad the code to your sub-domain to earn money through this program. The site also has their own ad sharing program you can join to increase your earnings from your weblog. The site has a revenue sharing program that they split with you 60/40. This means that 60% of the time your ads are shown on your personal weblog and their 40% of the time the site will share their ads on your weblog. This is a good site to join as a new freelance writer, a video publisher, or even create different polls and quizzes for people to interact with. The site has been online since 2006 and is a well-established site that has thousands of site visitors each day. You are sure to earn some money from this site if you stick with it long enough and write different hub posts for your weblog.
How Does It Work?
- You’ll need to join the site and create your account. The site requires that you create a username. When choosing your username, choose it carefully because the username you choose will be your weblog name.
- There are many sub-domains on the site and each sub-domain is the username the person selected when they joined the site. Therefore, you want to create a review weblog, you should choose a unique username to use.
- Once you have all this setup, it is easy to add a hub to your sub-domain. The hub is the blog post that you create on the site and add to your weblog.
- When creating your post you’ll be using a capsule to create your hub with. There are many different types of capsules that you can choose from. If you’re writing a review, you’ll select a text capsule to use. However, if you want to post a video you’ve created, you’ll choose a video capsule to use.
- Once you’re done adding your image, title, and test the hub can be published on your weblog.
- Now you can share this with your friends or anyone on your social media account.
- If you want, you can write as many weblogs that you wish for your account. Normally, most of the bloggers on this site will write around 15 a month. This gives your post time to be found and people to read it and interact with it.
How To Earn:
- You can create a Google AdSense account and add the links to your hub pages or your weblog. The ads from this will be displayed on your pages 60% of the time. You’ll earn money from the impressions that you get when your ads are displayed.
- You can join some affiliate programs and write reviews. You’ll earn 100% from your affiliate links that you embed in your reviews.
- You can also join the site’s revenue sharing program and share the revenue from the ads the site posts on your hub.
- Join in the contest and earn money for writing about a specific topic the site selects. This is a great way to increase your revenue on the site if you win the contest.
- There is a referral program that you can join. You can add your referral links to other hubs and share them. If a person visits this hub, you’ll earn 10% of the impressions during the time the person is on the site.
- As long as you keep your account open and the posts in your account, you will continue to earn money from the impressions that you receive when a person visit your pages.